A Grand Northern Ukulele Festival 2014 is going to be a very special affair. As well as all the great features we had in 2013, we have added a few more interesting, exciting and, we hope you’ll agree, AWESOME components to the weekend.
You may have noticed that our headline act will be the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain (closing the festival with their excellent, “A Fistful of Ukuleles”). They are only one part of what we hope to be the best festival for quite some time. We’ve got loads of other excellent acts performing including (but not limited to): Andy Eastwood, Chonkinfeckle, The Mother Ukers, Krabbers, Zoë Bestel, The Anything Goes Orchestra, The Mersey Belles, Professor Eek, Tricity Vogue & her All Girl Swing Band, The UKEBOX, Paul Moore, Vonk & Vlam and more. We are also busy working on loads of exciting things. As we build the 2014 festival, we’ve asked what you’d like to see more of. You asked for…
• Space and time set aside for meeting and jamming with other uke players. Done!
• A range of thrashes/mass jams. Done!
• On-site catering. Done!
• Even more “free” bits to the festival. Done!
• More time to fit everything in… It is currently not possible to alter the space/time continuum, but we’ve got someone working on it!
• A “more flexible” ticketing structure and we will be offering these new tickets early in 2014. Done! There’s a whole new ticket structure on our ticket page.